Seeing AI: a New App Allowing the Blind to See for FreePosted by Noah on 8/13/2017, 13:51
In this podcast, Noah Carver shows a glimpse into the future. Seeing AI is a free app that narrates the world around you. Designed for the blind and low vision community, this ongoing research project harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to bridge the gaP between the visual world by describing nearby people, text, and objects. Optimized for use with VoiceOver, the app enables you to recognize:
- Short Text - Speaks text as soon as it appears in front of the camera.
- Documents - Provides audio guidance to capture a printed page, and recognizes the text, along with its original formatting.
- Products - Scans barcodes, using audio beeps to guide you; hear the name, and package information when available. (works with iPhone 6 and later)
- People - Saves people's faces so you can recognize them, and get an estimate of their age, gender, and emotions.
- Scenes (early preview) - Hear an overall description of the scene captured.
- Images in other apps - Just tap "Share" and "Recognize with Seeing AI" to describe images from Mail, Photos, Twitter, and more.
For more info, visit SeeingAI.com.
Go back to the Podcasts page
This website is designed for easy navigation using screenreaders. To navigate to major points throughout my website, press the letter H to move through headings using JAWS, NVDA, Window Eyes or System Access; press shift+H to move backwards. For Voiceover users, press command+option+control+H to move by headings, and command+option+control+shift+H to move backwards.
Last Updated: 17:49 8/14/2017